With an increasing number of business owners relying heavily on website traffic to generate sales, search engine optimization (SEO) is playing a larger role in overall business strategies. Without potential customers being successfully directed to a company website, online marketing efforts cannot succeed. Search Engine Optimization specialists develop and maintain marketing efforts providing a path to achieving online sales goals. To understand what SEO is all about, website owners must grasp some basic fundamentals.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is the science of making a website more visible when a potential customer is looking for a specific product or service. Natural or organic search results are lists of potential sites visitors see after typing in a search phrase on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. The search engines use complex algorithms to return search results that are truly useful to visitors.
Website owners often fail to realize search engines are businesses relying on visitors returning whenever they need information, products or services. If a search engine fails to produce a list of viable sources, the viewer will simply click on another search engine to find what is needed. That means website owners must understand what the search engine needs to respond effectively to a search. However, most site owners simply don’t have the time or skills needed to make their websites attractive to the search engines. That is where SEO professionals come in.
Is website content really important?
With the needs of consumers rapidly evolving, website owners and designers are seeing an increasing demand for quality content. Google and the other search engines also understand the demands of more sophisticated customers, looking for well designed and written content that meets their needs. In the past, a website’s content might remain static for long periods without the organic search results suffering. Those days are gone. To stay on top of search returns, websites must keep their information up-to-date and informative. Search Engine Optimization experts encourage site owners to explore a variety of content options to make their sites more informative and navigable. There are several options that might be considered.
- Blogs are quite popular today, but they must be well written and informative. Depending on the type of product or service marketed, the content may be rather informal, with a somewhat folksy feel. Other products or services may require a far more formal approach. Discussing the options with an SEO professional will ensure your content is appropriate for the intended audience.
- How-to advice is often highly applicable to a company’s website. When customers need information on how to use a product, providing quality how-to articles can elevate a site’s rankings. The caveat is the information must be correct and very clearly presented so users receive value.
- Videos and graphics are a must. Today’s site visitors are often using mobile devices with smaller screens, making text-based information difficult to use. Well-produced videos and high-quality graphics provide site visitors with the information needed to make buying decisions quickly and easily. When presented with small, hard to read text, visitors using mobile devices will often click through to the next site. Make sure company website platforms adapt to mobile devices. SEO experts will explain the various options to make sure all visitors, regardless of the devices used to view a site, are well served.
Because each site is unique, the content must be carefully tailored to match the products and services marketed. SEO professionals understand the demographics and how to best reach specific socio-economic groups.
Are there other strategies SEO professionals recommend?
Digital Marketing is complex and becoming more complex every day. That suggests SEO experts and website owners must be willing to try techniques designed to enhance organic page return results as well as other strategies.
- Using professionally generated content is often suggested. While website owners and their employees may be highly talented and skilled, they don’t always have the ability to translate those attributes to writing a site visitors can use. Consider using SEO Copy Writing specialists to generate the written content on a site.
- Take Advantage of social media sites. Linking to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and other social media sites can quickly boost site traffic. Social Media Marketing experts strongly suggest site owners take advantage of linking and credential sharing to drive traffic to a company website.
Being flexible and willing to try new approaches is absolutely essential in an era where change is the norm. Discuss your company’s current strategies with an SEO expert to see where improvements can be made.
Increasing website traffic requires multi-faceted strategies to achieve the best results. SEO professionals understand each company is unique and needs individual attention to develop, maintain, and constantly improve their website. Take the first step to generating more traffic by contacting an SEO specialist today.
Fill out the Contact Us form to the left of this page, or call 972-521-3855 today to get started!