In the past month, many of us have experienced big changes in how we do business in response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. If you’re making a special effort to protect your employees, customers, and community during the pandemic, it’s important to keep people informed about the adjustments you’re making. We know that there’s no way to plan for something like this, but the iKonix Studios team can help you keep your website up-to-date with information on what customers can expect during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
How You’re Addressing the COVID-19 Pandemic
One of the most important things you can do at this time is help your community members feel more at ease. Everything we’re seeing in the news and media is a little scary, and we don’t want to add to this fear. Instead, we encourage businesses to let people know how they’re helping. We are all taking steps to keep each other safe and healthy, and people want to know how your businesses is addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. Are you cleaning and sanitizing your office more often, creating virtual service options, allowing customers to wait in their car while you bring out their merchandise? Sharing the health and safety measures you’re taking to flatten the curve will reassure your customers that you are thinking about them, care about keeping your community safe, and are taking the appropriate steps to make the world a little healthier and safer for all of us at this difficult time.
You can provide this information in a blog, newsletter, email, interview with a local media outlet, video for your socials, and a variety of other places. Make sure people know they can trust your business to continue going the extra mile during COVID-19 and beyond.
Changes in Office Hours
Are you going to be open late, early, closing your 24/7 business for daily deep cleanings, inviting older or at-risk customers to visit during certain times? Let your community know about changes to your hours. You should post changes to your office hours in a variety of places:
- On-site – make sure your business has the adjusted hours of operation clearly posted
- On your website – adjust hours of operation wherever they’re listed on your site
- Socials – update hours on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Google My Business – many people are checking Google first for changes, so get these updated right away
- Blog, newsletter, email blasts – if you use these communication tools regularly, they’re a great way to share changes to your office hours
Changes in Business Structure
In addition to hours of operation, many businesses are also making changes in the basic structure of how they operate in order to protect their employees and clients. Some examples of what we’re talking about include:
- Healthcare providers offering telehealth appointments via online video chat platforms to allow patients to get information about whether to seek treatment for new and emerging conditions, have prescriptions refilled on time, and otherwise stay healthy without leaving home.
- Retail businesses are asking clients to order ahead and have their purchases carried out to the car.
- Restaurants have transitioned to drive through and delivery only.
- Clinics are offering virtual waiting rooms.
- Loan servicers are offering virtual notary services for closings.
These big changes need to be front and center for your customers. Consider adding a pop-up on your website that explains major changes in your business and gives a link to more detailed information. Make sure to post the information on your social media accounts, and when it makes sense, get in touch with customers directly.
iKonix Studios is Here to Help with COVID-19 Website Updates
Whatever changes you need to make to your website content to keep your community and stakeholders informed, we’re here to help. The iKonix Studios team can create pop ups about the latest COVID-19 information, send out automated updates letting clients know when their items will ship from your ecommerce site, keep your business in people’s minds with social media marketing campaigns, share how your company is giving back during COVID-19, and more. Let’s get started. Simply reach out to the iKonix Studios team, and we’ll help you plan to keep your website and marketing plans updated during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.