These days, it’s essential for any business to establish a presence online. From professional websites and social media campaigns to claiming your Google My Business account and getting five-star reviews, it seems like businesses have to put in a lot of effort just to meet the bare-minimum for a solid brand recognition. Now, it seems like every business also has a mobile app. You may be saying, I invested the money to ensure my site was dynamic and viewable on all devices, so do I really need a mobile app? There’s no simple answer to that question, and at the end of the day, it really does depend on your business. In this blog, we’re going to explore some of the questions you should ask before moving forward with a mobile app development plan, but if you’re ready to create a great app for your business, the iKonix Studios team has you covered.
is Your End User?
The number one rule for communication of all kinds is – know your audience. Who is going to be using a mobile app? Certain age groups are much more likely to download an app rather than using a traditional website. In addition to certain age groups and demographics being more likely to use an app, there are some other questions about the audience you should consider:
- Would your app be for employees or consumers?
- Do you need an app for both?
- Are your typical consumers likely to use an app?
When you know your audience, you can give them the access they want and need to become good customers for your business whether or not that includes creating an app.
Why Would People Download Your App?
The answer to this question is important when determining whether or not you actually need a mobile app for your business, but it can also be informative when it comes to the design of your app. If you sell a product or service on your website, what will be different about shopping with your app that will encourage clients to download it? For instance, do you plan to use augmented reality to allow your customers to virtually try on their new outfit? Are you going to offer special deals for those customers who schedule an appointment using your app? If you want to achieve an adequate return on investment for the cost of designing and maintaining your mobile app, you have to plan ahead to give people a reason to use it.
What are the Benefits of Having an App?
There are many benefits to having a mobile app as part of your marketing plan and communication strategy, including:
- Push notifications and built in communication with consumers is streamlined and keeps your business in front of customers every day
- Advertise price changes, specials, and other information quickly and consistently
- Apps make customer reward systems and loyalty programs easy to manage, and reminding your clients they only have one more visit before achieving their next reward can be a big sales driver
- A well-designed mobile app can help increase brand recognition for your business
- Keeping customers regularly engaged with your business keeps you and your brand in mind when they’re ready to make a purchase
Think Your Business Needs an App? We can Help!
If you’re still not sure whether or not you need an app, you don’t know what capabilities are possible, or you’re ready to get to work designing your business’ mobile app, let the iKonix Studios team help. Call us today to schedule your mobile app consultation meeting with our team of creative and skilled professionals. We can’t wait to help you achieve your goals.